The nights are getting shorter and the air is getting crisper. School has started and activities are in full swing. Fall is right around the corner! My favorite season. Nothing shouts Fall quite like pumpkin!!! Pumpkin lattes, Pumpkin spice, Pumpkin pie… one of my favorite and easiest desserts to make are pumpkin cake balls.
Give’em Pumpkin to Talk About
You don’t need to be a master baker to make this delicious dessert. If you can throw some ingredients together and follow a few simple directions, I can guarantee that people will be talking about your cake balls at the next gathering.
Ingredients for Cake Balls:
- One box of white cake mix
- Canned pumpkin
- Cream Cheese pre-made frosting
- Almond bark (I use white for these)
“the secret ingredient is always love” -Unknown
- First thing you want to do is set your oven to 350 degrees (for shinny metal or glass pan) or 325 degrees (for dark or non stick)
- Mix the cake mix and pumpkin together (do not follow the directions on the box) pour into pan.
- Bake your pumpkin cake mix for about 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let your cake cool.
- After your pumpkin cake has cooled, break it apart, and with your frosting, mix together until it is smooth with no clumps.
- Take a cookie sheet and put parchment paper down. Make one inch balls with your pumpkin cake mix and put in the fridge to harden. Maybe 30 minutes.
- Melt your almond bark in the microwave following the directions on the back.
- You will then dip your pumpkin cake balls into the melted almond bark and let them cool.
- Decorate how you like!
Simply Delicious Cake Balls
So how hard was that? I remember the first time I made these I was hooked and I hope you will add this recipe as one of your Fall favorites! Pumpkin cake balls are just one sweet reminder of the crazy weeks ahead. So I hope you sit down with a good book and a pumpkin cake ball and let the cooler temperatures remind you that Fall is right around the corner.