Have your writing featured on The We Spot and get paid for it!
Sharing our stories is powerful, not only in the freedom it brings us when we share but also in the normalization and validation it brings others. So often we let ourselves believe we are the only ones who feel the way we do or that our struggles are unique to only us. By sharing our stories and reading the experiences of others, we can be empowered to heal, individually and together.
What we are looking for:
We encourage the submission of vulnerable, and real pieces. Pieces that shine light in the dark places and help us know we aren’t alone. Funny, vulnerable, and a little edgy are ok with us! We love talking about the things people don’t normally talk about! Put your heart and your experiences out there. This isn’t a platform to hold back. The only rule is that your piece is KIND to ALL people.
Payment and Submission Details:
You are welcome to submit however many pieces you would like. If your piece does not fit the mission and heart behind The We Spot, it will not be published. We reserve the right to choose which submissions will be accepted and published on our platforms. If your submission is accepted you will receive $15 via Venmo or Zelle (these are our only payment options at this time). If your piece gets more than 1500 views on any of our platforms within the first week of posting, you will receive another $15. Payment does not in any way imply that you are employed by us or work for The We Spot.
PLEASE READ THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. IF THE INSTRUCTIONS AREN’T FOLLOWED, YOUR PIECE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Mini Blog Format
Submit a mini blog to be posted to our social medial platforms. Your mini blog will also be turned into a full blog on thewespot.com
- Instagram: 2100 characters (including spaces and the title) or less.
- Facebook: No limit. You can submit a longer version for Facebook and a shorter version for Instagram.
- If your mini blog is submitted over the character limit and only one version is submitted it will not be posted. At lease one version has to be under the required character count for Instagram.
- All submissions need to have a recommended title.
- Picture– If you would like a specific picture posted with your mini blog please attach it to your email. It should be a Square shape original photo taken by you. No photos should be submitted that are copywritten. If you submit your photo to us, you agree to allow us to use it to accompany your blog. Pictures that include the writer of the blog often relate best to readers. We love to see your face!
- If no picture is submitted we will choose a photo to accompany the mini blog. The blogs are also made into reels on Instagram and we will choose a video to accompany the reel. If you have a specific video you’d like to use, you can also attach that to the email as well.
See a Facebook sample mini blog and an Instagram sample mini blog.