You must build yourself up if you are going to live the life you desire and find the joy you deserve. No matter the strength and number of your relationships with others, there will never assuredly be someone by your side like yourself. Why wouldn’t you ensure the relationship with you was a strong, nurturing and positive relationship in your life? It is time to take care of you, build yourself up, and celebrate the greatest friend you could ever have. YOU!
You Gotta Like You
I know liking yourself is not always an easy task. In fact, it can often feel impossible at times. We are our own worst critics and it is time we learn how to build ourselves up. This change can lead to living your very best life. When you love yourself and believe in yourself you can be and achieve beautiful things. Learning to like yourself is a great place to start. When you start to recognize your positive attributes, you can start to appreciate and like yourself. This change in behavior might take practice and time. You will probably need to unlearn deeply embedded and negative habits. Start liking you now and see the benefits soon.
I am here to tell you an important fact. You are worthy of the greatest gifts this world has to offer. Seriously and to emphasize, say it with me. “I am worthy of the greatest gifts this world has to offer.” Now say it again, and again. Despite any shortcomings you believe you have, you deserve fulfilled dreams. You are worthy. You are enough exactly as you are. While I truly believe we should always be working on being a better human, that does not discount your worthiness of deserving great things today!
Why You Need to Build Yourself Up
I’ve been participating in gratefulness and positive thought exercises for the past few months, it’s been life-changing. I know that sounds dramatic and yet I have found it to actually have changed the way I am experiencing my days. When you reside in a place of positive energy your satisfaction with experiences rises. Do not confuse this with always being positive, I believe that can be toxic, and if you concentrate on what you are grateful for and the good in things, your mindset shifts. Living a more satisfying existence can reduce stress which places an extra burden on your overall well-being. This can improve your health by inviting new opportunities. Living a more joyful life is what most of us strive to achieve. Building yourself up can be one part of achieving this outcome, why wouldn’t you try it?
5 Ways to Build Yourself Up
We show other people how to treat us through our actions, words and experiences. When we demonstrate self-deprecating behavior it is not only a disservice to ourselves, it is a disservice to all those watching and learning from us. As parents especially, we are teaching our children how to take care of and love themselves by the way we treat ourselves. This is why we must give them the greatest example of taking care of ourselves because they deserve the best from themselves too!
I am going to share with you 5 ways you can start, today, to build yourself up and become your own greatest champion. What do you have to lose in taking this step and loving you?
5 Ways to be Your Own Greatest Champion
- Put Yourself First – This is important! You must take care of you in order to be the best you possible. This is not a horrible act of selfishness, it is ensuring you have the capability of being the best you possible. Surely you know this is good for everyone! Sure, you have other priorities and, when you emphasize putting yourself first, you have better attention to share with all those other priorities!
- Do What Makes You Happy – If there is something you know that brings you happiness and joy, why are you not doing it all the time? After all, you deserve to be happy and giving yourself the gift of joy is a gift that extends beyond you. When you are happy, you spread and share that with everyone you come into contact with and that is a beautiful thing. Dance, go hiking, read a book, call a friend and go to dinner. Just do it!
- Practice Self Motivation – If you have not watched this video on how to build yourself up…do it now! You know this young lady has great days when they start like this. Surely you can start this practice now. It might feel awkward at first, try it for a week anyway. Go ahead, right now, look yourself in the eye and remind yourself of your worthiness and strength. Believe it. Live it!
- Set Personal Goals – What do YOU want? Big, small, lasting or fleeting…what goals do you want to achieve just for you and your personal benefit, no one else? Write them down and start working to make them happen. You are worthy of your personal goals being your priority!
- Celebrate your Achievements – When you reach a goal, celebrate! Do this with an impromptu dance party in the kitchen, an indulgent night of movie/Netflix binge time, celebrate you with the reward you want! You deserve to be celebrated and given accolades!
It is hard to stay motivated for you. I get it, when you run into a down day it’s okay. Just remember not to stay there and if you need some motivation, check out The We Spot Blog, there are so many articles to help you be motivated. Melissa Coleman compiled “24 Inspirational Quotes for Women.“ This is a great place to find some inspiration!
Now, go out and celebrate the hell out of you! You are amazing and deserve all the greatest things this life has to offer! Remember to treat yourself as you would your best friend. Your relationship with you is of the utmost importance.
The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the writer and do not necessarily represent those of The We Spot, it’s employees, sponsors, or affiliates.